RS Avionics Electrical Technician Leadin GAC Savannah
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years experience on large/mid-size aircraft. 8 years experience in aircraft avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and six (6) years related experience. FAA A&P license or be able to obtain a repairman certificate within 30 days of start date. FCC license or NCATT certification preferred. Position Purpose
Plans and coordinates all electrical/avionics activities and provides customers with daily information on aircraft schedules, repairs, parts, components shipped to vendors, etc. Works with hangar management to coordinate electrical/avionics activities and schedule aircraft requirements.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules, and completes tasks on work authorizations in order to meet the master schedule. Provides daily status reports and progress schedules to management. .
- Coordinates efforts of Electrical and Avionics activities to meet aircraft schedules and deadlines. Reviews work, including forms and records, to ensure compliance with Site Inspection Procedures Manual, Site Operating Procedures and FARs. .
- Supervises and instructs electrical technicians with technical guidance and proper procedures of troubleshooting electrical/avionics systems, routine inspections and preventive maintenance. Provides input to subordinate performance appraisals and submits them to management for review. .
- Reviews daily job charging for all personnel (including support groups) to ensure accuracy of inputs. .
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program on test equipment, hand tools, and special tools.
- Maintains a current knowledge of Aircraft Service Changes (ASC), Customer Bulletins, inspection schedule requirements, vendor information and all other procedures, publications and general knowledge pertaining to aircraft maintenance and servicing.
- Supervises a continuous safety program in hangar area which includes operation of support equipment, aircraft systems and general housekeeping.
- Maintains required. logs and records.
- Enforces the company FOD, tool control, 5-S programs and all safety regulations. .
- Able to adapt to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Establishes and fosters an environment of innovation and Lean oriented thinking. .
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft systems, troubleshooting, technical manuals systems, and aircraft maintenance records system.
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical/avionics system drawings and blueprints.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, implement and obtain objective with minimal direction.
- A good understanding of PC, Windows and main frame computer applications including the use of standard computer word processing programs (i.e. Microsoft Word) and appropriate typing skills a plus.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted area, and lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to use hand tools and avionics test equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 201763
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: None
Shift: Weekend Days
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 03/31/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
| | |
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. .
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Gulfstream, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace.