Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer I-Completions Aftermarketin GAC Savannah
Fly With Us
Our aircraft are industry leaders and so are our people. We're looking for talented, motivated individuals who are ready to do innovative work, and we offer exciting career opportunities worldwide.
About Our Group
The Quality Assurance team is committed to setting policies and procedures to achieve a high performing Quality Management System through best practices and innovative solutions
The Aftermarket Quality teamensures that Customer Support organizations comply with industry specifications, standards, and regulations. They support CSDC operational practices, processes, and documentation and create and enforce compliance procedures. Also, they work with stakeholders to resolve compliance-related issues and perform compliance audits of a supplier on how to meet requirements and coordinate compliance with Gulfstream and FAA regulations. Additionally, they train CSDC staff in compliance practices and procedures.
This role will work heavily with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word for presentations.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, aviation sciences, quality systems, or a related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Entry level. Position Purpose
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for addressing all quality performance concerns. The SQE works with suppliers to monitor the effectiveness of their Quality Management System and partners with key stakeholders such as Engineering, Operations, and Procurement to continuously improve supplier performance (increase lifecycle, reduce scrap, improve manufacturing/repair processes). This position will support significant initiatives focused on improving the quality performance of the supply base.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely manner to support the supplier quality/inspection system. Ensures all aspects of the delivered/finished article is manufactured in accordance with approved quality system requirements and is certified as compliant to type design requirements or compliant with in-service limitations for Repair Station activities.
- Manages the compliance of supplier performance through the application of system, product and process audits in accordance with company policy and federal regulations.
- Certifies a supplier or assesses supplier quality system, personnel, processes and equipment as required. to the applicable quality standards.
- Coordinates quality assurance program plans, monitors and modifies audit schedules, evaluates acceptance test programs, and quality engineering requirements of Gulfstream suppliers.
- Responsible for driving the Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) process for all Suppliers.
- Promotes the use of continuous improvement techniques and APQP principles at Suppliers to help them reduce variability and achieve process control.
- Drives closed loop corrective action process and ensures timeliness and effectiveness of supplier CA plans. .
- Develops key metrics and score card measures that accurately depict supplier health from a risk and performance perspective. .
- Provides technical guidance in a cross functional group/team setting. .
- Effectively communicates GAC expectations with suppliers for addressing any issues and concerns related to supplier performance. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) License may be used in combination with four years of related experience (in addition to the experience requirements below in lieu of the degree requirement.
- ASQ certification (CQE) and/or experience as a FAA recognized designee highly preferred.
- Understands and is able to apply and communicate to others: blueprints/specifications; Federal Aviation Regulations; Quality Control System Requirements; knowledge of manufacturing/fabrication techniques and processes.
- Computer literate; capable of working within the various software applications utilized throughout the enterprise.
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles (certification preferred).
- Knowledge of APQP principles preferred.
Requisition Number: 208543
Category: Quality Assurance
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 02/06/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
| | |
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. .
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Gulfstream, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace.