RS Cabinet Maker II 209894 (St. Louis) ***Sign-on Eligible***in GAC St. Louis
Join our team today to craft the finest interiors in aviation
Gulfstream is looking for world class cabinet makers to execute customdesigns in our award-winning private aircraft, and are hiring for first shift cabinet makers. We offer excellent benefits active day one, vacation time, tuition reimbursement, on the job training, and for those eligible, sign-on bonuses. Apply today to be a part of creating & delivering the world's finest aviation experience!
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years experience in cabinetmaking. Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and process specifications preferred. Experience in aerospace industry preferred. Position Purpose
Under general supervision, fabricates aircraft furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using aircraft specifications, design and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision to fabricate furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Assembles, pins and glues cabinet shells. Installs drawer-slides, hinges, latches and other hardware in subassemblies. Applies exterior surface materials such as laminates, veneers, and cap strips.
- Uses various types of stationary and hand-held power tools to fabricate or disassemble furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior.
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to read write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Basic knowledge of cabinetmaking processes, products and tools.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 209894
Posting Type: Internal-External
Department: J2291-Compl Cabinet
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 5
Posting End Date: 03/31/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
| | |
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. .
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Gulfstream, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace.