RS Cabinet Maker I 209893 (St. Louis) ***Sign-on Eligible***in GAC St. Louis
Join our team today to craft the finest interiors in aviation
Gulfstream is looking for world class cabinet makers to execute customdesigns in our award-winning private aircraft, and are hiring for first shift cabinet makers. We offer excellent benefits active day one, vacation time, tuition reimbursement, on the job training, and for those eligible, sign-on bonuses. Apply today to be a part of creating & delivering the world's finest aviation experience!
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. Wood working, wood finishing or auto body & painting experience in a technical environment or completion of Technical Certificate in cabinet making preferred. and/or completion in current year youth apprenticeship program, in area of expertise. Position Purpose
Under direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and functions related to fabrication of aircraft cabinets and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using design and engineering drawings.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns entry-level technical skills and knowledge, regulatory requirements and tooling used in aircraft cabinetmaking. Continues to develop technical competency and problem solving abilities to allow progression to the technician level.
- Using standard safety and operating procedures, design/engineering drawings, tools and other materials (laminates, veneers, cap strips), develops proficiency in the preparation and making of furniture. .
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off completed work.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies, uses personal protective equipment; ensures aircraft interior is protected. Assists in the development and implementation of related initiatives. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 209893
Posting Type: Internal-External
Department: J2291-Compl Cabinet
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 6
Posting End Date: 08/31/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
| | |
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. .
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Gulfstream, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace.