IT Applications Designer IIin GAC Savannah
***Fully Remote Eligible***
***Multiple Hybrid Schedules Available***
Solid experience in collaborative application development using source control tools and strategies for using source control such as trunks, branches, merges, tagging, release management methods, etc. Ability to work closely with customer teams (business and technology) to evolve technical direction and also to suggest technology alternatives. Ability to write clear, well-organized code; write reusable library code for the team of developers. Develop systems for mobile applications. Effectively participate in ideation/visualization sessions for original application ideas. Self-driven, should be able to work with minimal direction. Participates in and leads code reviews. Will also be supporting existing applications.
In addition to general job requirements:
Experience with Swift/Xcode required.
Agile/Scrum experience preferred.
Oracle/SQL Server experience preferred.
DevOps or release management experience desired.
Knowledge of Kotlin a plus.
Past experience with User Experience design a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum required.or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 8 years of experience as an IT professional with broad experience across multiple IT disciplines. Position Purpose
Designs, develops, tests and implements complex enterprise applications software including client, server and middleware. This includes designing and building complex algorithms and data structures and application performance monitoring and tuning.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates complex software design at the component level based on the application architecture and the detailed business requirements.
- Develops complex algorithms and data structures .
- Assists with the translation of logical data design to physical database design.
- Develops strategies for the monitoring, preventive maintenance and disaster recovery of complex applications.
- Serves as technical expert in one or more applications within a portfolio.
- Assures that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
- Participates in the assessment and resolution of complex software defects.
- Assists project management with the development of work breakdown structures, project plans and skills required. to develop and implement applications.
- Participates in design reviews for implementation projects.
- Conducts technical evaluations.
- Leads the review, business case development and implementation of software development tools, methodology and software development standards.
- Understands IS Security measures and current standards, practices and technology.
- Serves as liaison with suppliers for sustaining activities. .
- Assists with evaluation and recommendations regarding purchased software packages, and supporting services. .
- Supports management in recruiting and hiring .
- Using knowledge of technology and existing systems, mentors junior staff on building and maintaining application systems. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Expert in one or more software development languages.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) exposure is desired.
- Solid understanding of system lifecycle methodologies, software development tools and standards.
- Experience working in teams.
- Proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) desired.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely. Ability to identify tasks which require automation.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; must be capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally. Must be able to write proposals and make presentations to internal customers and professional peers.
- Provides technical direction for application development teams.
- A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Requisition Number: 209768
Category: Information Systems
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 03/06/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
| | |
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. .
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Gulfstream, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace.